Saturday, September 20, 2008

Wednesday Night Service

I am trying to catch up with the cool updates so far - I am now 12 days into my fast and just started this blog today - it's getting hard to remember who all to call and email with updates! So many people have passed along my email prayer request that it has spread all over the country.

Let's see.... Oh yeah, the night after I sent out my email, Colt and I went to Wed night church service - our Pastor, Pastor Gabe, opened the altar at the beginning of the service for prayer for any needs. I grabbed Colt up and we made our way to the front. Pastor Gabe had such an encouraging word for Colt and prayer was AWESOME that night! So many people responded to the call that it tore at my heart. The number of teens who put pride and fear aside and stepped forward was amazing. I just love everyone at our church - they are all such wonderful people. I wasn't sure until the following Monday what kind of impact that night had made on Colt, but I sure found out. One of the first things I was told was that there had been an improvement at school - a small one, but an improvement nonetheless. Pastor Gabe kept telling Colt "Your emotions do not rule you, you rule your emotions". Seems that for the next two days, Colt went out of his way to purposely remove himself from situations that could lead to confrontation or trouble with others. It was obvious to the teachers and some other students that he was doing this - that is my first victory update! For them to see and tell me that he had put to use the advice given to him by Pastor Gabe was amazing! I explained to them about my prayer request and the awesome night of prayer we had just prior to that behavior and they seemed to agree that we are headed in the right direction. I asked them to really focus on and mention any good behavior changes - even the smallest ones - as soon as they happen. It's a basic principle that most would have mastered by his age but I am going BACK to the basics with him, starting over, showing him with great praise and reward that every single effort on his part is appreciated and noticed. He has been such a wonderful, awesome little man at home and I really look forward to the day that he learns to self-monitor in all situations, even those that overstimulate his little mind.

So, to sum it up, we had an awesome night of prayer and encouragement for Colt at church and the school meeting the following week really was the best one I have attended yet. This was the first meeting I have gone to with so many positive reports. I look forward to many more :)

Please keep him in your prayers - God is working here!!

No comments: